So, we broke down in Rome and had to do laundry FOR REAL..not just the wash your clothes in the sink kind of clean because that is only somewhat clean for a short period of time. Rome has been interesting so far...there is definately a lot to see and we hit it up pretty well. Day one we saw the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon..of course we had some gelato as well. Our hostel is pretty close to the train station which is nice, but we have done a lot of walking. The next day we hit up the colusseum and the roman ruins. It was neat to see, but we were kinda having a moody day especially since some guy dressed as a roman made us pay 5 Euro each for getting our picture taken. He said he worked on tips and then lied to us. LAME. But, we got some wine and drank it at the Trevi fountain so all was much better. We also went on the Rome Pub Crawl and met a lot of cool people. We got a free tshirt and I even was crowned the Fastest Chugger..I won a tshirt to prove it. It was pretty sweet. Arent you prround of me mom and dad? Anyway, today we saw the Vatican and it was amazing. We wanted to see the Pope talk, but that is on Wednesdays so we were a bit dissappointed, but it was still awesome. We have been eating lots of pasta and pizza and are very very excited for Greece tomorrow!!! We will be on the beach for a week in less than 24 hours thank God! We have reached the 3 week mark and it has gone so fast...still living it up here though!
Love and miss you all. Hope all is well.
Ciao!
Melissa, the beer chugging champion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi sweetie! Who wouldn't want a daughter to be crowned Miss Fastest Chugger! You can credit your father for that or...maybe I did that a bit in college? :)
ReplyDeleteYou continue to sound like you are having a fabulous time on your journey and making the most of it. Sounds too like you are ready to stay put for a bit and relax and that's right around the corner! I'm sorry you won't have a chance to see the Pope. That just gives you another reason to return to Europe!
I don't hear you mention anything about italian men. Your Uncle Tom told me they love to flirt with American girls and will be chasing you guys. I'm sure you've fought them off all trip so what happened in Rome isn't anything different than any other country. ;)
It's always great to hear from you and it was a wonderful surprise to get to talk with you last week. Keep smiling and focusing on your journey. Your life is no longer the same and I can't wait to hear all of your stories when you return.
I love and miss you sweetheart!
Mom