Friday, June 5, 2009

Italy and more

Hello all!! So I am sitting in an awesome hostel in Florence right now. We arrived here today and have already seen the whole city. We were in Venice last night and it was amazing. We saw all of the amazing houses on the water and enjoyed a traditional Italian meal..we all 3 got different dishes of pasta, pizza, and lasagna..cut it into 3rds and rotated!! Haha it was the backpackers way of trying and enjoying all the wonderful food. We of course each got our own double scoop of gelato though..that stuff is amazing! Actually we have had gelato in almost every city..its pretty much a priority here! We met some people from KU in Venice last night and it was so cool..the girl actually went to Heights Highschool where Lauren Griffith goes and she is dating a guy who is brothers with Laurens ex bf..Foof if you are reading this it is sped! haha it was sooo funny! SMALL WORLD. Also we met some people from Canada in the hotel who were pretty much taking the same trip as us..they are even staying in the same hostel as us tonight. We have plans to go to dinner together tonight and watch the sunset on the top of the hill which may or may not happen depending on the weather. We head to Rome tomorrow and we are very very much excited about this. Also this means we are only days away from Greece which is the highlight of our trip.

Before Italy we were in Interlaken, Switzerland. AMAZING place. Seriously the most beautiful place I have ever seen...it means land surrounded by 2 lakes. We met some cool guys from our hostel and all 6 of us rented mopeds and drove around the mountains up to this waterfall. I cant even describe how amazing this was. We sat on the cliff with the waterfall falling in front of us and all of us were just speechless. Imagine looking through a mist of water from a high up cliff. To the left is green moutains full of trees and beautiful plants, below are sheep roaming in the fields with bells around their neck, to the right is the Jungfrau moutain covered in snow and going up so high that the clouds are not even covering it up. I mean it was the best thing I have ever seen. Our hostel was awesome too because it had a bar in the basement and lots of dancing..Thriller has been pulled out on more than one occasions. And Poker Face too. Its been a blast and I get sad to leave each place but excited at the same time. I am nearing the halfway point of this adventure, but I am living up each second. My time is about to run out so I gotta jet, but I will hopefully be able to upload some pictures in Rome. Even though the pictures are just a shame to what the real thing looks like!

Love and miss you all!

Cioa!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment